Doctella Application Product
Below are some examples of personal information we may collect, depending on the Site and Service:
- Name and contact information, like your name, physical address, telephone number, email address, or other contact information;
- Credentials, like your username and password;
- Information about your employer or other entity you are associated with, like the entity’s name and address;
- Device and related location data, like your IP address, ISP provider, GPS data, and data about the closest cell towers and WI-FI hotspots;
- Usage information, like transaction information, pages viewed (URL), links clicked, other activities, interactions, and preferences relating to your use of our Sites, products and/or services;
- Support data, like requests for support, feedback, and reviews;
- Event registrations and preferences; and
- Other personal information provided by you while using our Sites, like government issued ID, healthcare license, photos, social media profile, and any other personal information you choose to provide.
If we combine your personal information with other, non-personal information, we will treat the combined information as personal information for as long as any personal information is included in the combined information.
SUPPLEMENTAL PERSONAL INFORMATION: Doctella Application Product
We may receive personal health information about you from other parties, such as health care providers with whom you have given consent or authorization, who use the Service or other Sites we may provide. If we receive information about you from a health care provider or other HIPAA covered entity for whom we act as a business associate, our obligations with respect to the privacy and security of that information will be governed by our business associate agreement with that health care provider.
Below are some of the examples of the personal health information we may collect on behalf of or receive from you, depending upon your use of the Site and Service:
- Health information that is input by you or posted to the Service by your health care provider. This includes past or current health conditions and medications, data collected by your connected health devices, and contemplated medical or other procedures.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
We may collect personal information in a variety of ways, including:
- Using “cookies,” which are small files sent to your computer or device that collect personal information related to you or your device. You may block these, but doing so may prevent you from fully accessing or using all the features on our Sites, products, or services because of their dependence on the cookies;
- Through forms, comment boxes, and the like on the Sites, e.g., when you make a purchase, or interact with us or other users of the Sites;
- Using mobile apps, especially if the mobile app requires your personal information to access its features. You may choose not to provide your personal information, but you may be prevented from fully accessing or using all the features of the mobile app.;
- When using the Service, personal information provided by you to access its features. You may choose not to provide your personal information, but you may be prevented from fully accessing or using all the features of the Service;
- From health care providers that utilize the Service and input personal information regarding you.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to applicable law relating to consent, we may use or process your personal information in a variety of ways, such as:
- To operate our business, such as when we process transactions for the sale of our products and services and to provide you support;
- To validate your identity;
- To respond to you and fulfill your requests and/or inquiries;
- To send important information to you about our products and services (e.g., software updates or recalls) that pertain to you based upon past purchases or usage, changes to our terms, condition, and policies.
- To improve our Sites, products, or services; and
- To permit social sharing.
COOKIES / TRACKERS
Most web browsers include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. No uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
Masimo may share certain personal data we collect with third parties as follows:
- To provide you with the products and services you’ve requested or ordered from us, such as when you request service support for the products you’ve purchased from us, our resellers, or our other partners;
- To permit the third party to gauge your interest in purchasing our goods or services;
- To event sponsors and/or advertisers, such as when you sign up for an event where Masimo is a sponsor or advertiser at the event;
- To fulfill our legal requirements, including but not limited to such as those arising as a result of us being a medical device manufacturer or those resulting from law enforcement, litigation, requests by governments, or those arising from our assessment that it is a matter of public importance;
- To other users of the Service that you have authorized and consented to receive your personal information, including your personal health information;
- To other uses of the Service that you select and consented to share your personal information, including personal health information with;
- To third parties, such as contractors, who support the Site or Service;
- To protect ourselves, such as when we find it necessary to enforce our terms and conditions, protect our physical or intellectual property, or to protect our customers or operations; and
- To a relevant third party in the event of a reorganization, sale, or merger of some or all of our assets.
Masimo enters into agreements with third parties to protect your personal information when and as appropriate. We do not sell your personal information for commercial benefit to third parties or for their marketing or any other commercial benefit.
Masimo uses reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information we’ve collected. Of course, there is no guarantee that your personal information will be fully secure. If you have reason to believe that your personal information has been compromised, please contact us as indicated below.
ACCESS TO DATA
If you wish to access or update your personal Information submitted through the Sites or Service, or to make any inquiries (including requests of cancellation or deletion) about your personal information, please contact us as described below. We will permit you access to your personal information where required by applicable data protection and privacy laws as long as you sufficiently verify your identity.
Please note, however,we may not be able to retrieve or modify information for you if you have protected that information with a password you have chosen and do not make that password available to us.
At any time after sharing your personal information, you wish to opt-out of any emails or other communications from us, please contact us using the contact information below. You may opt-out of marketing communications.
PERSONAL INFORMATION RETENTION
We retain your personal information for the time period necessary to accomplish the purpose for which we collected it or longer, if the law permits or requires us to do so. This varies by country and geographic region.
TRANSFERRING DATA ACROSS COUNTRY BORDERS
Your personal information may be shared or stored wherever we have locations or service providers around the world, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than in your country.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from persons under 13 years old through the Service, and no part of the Service is directed to persons under 13. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE SERVICE AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER. If you learn that your child under 13 has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
Masimo has certified adherence to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and to Swiss – U.S. Privacy Shield frameworks. Please click here to view the Notice applicable to data governed by the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and the Swiss – U.S. Privacy Shield.
If you have any questions regarding our Privacy Notice or if you need to update, change or remove information, you can do so by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or sending postal mail to:
Attn: Privacy Manager
Irvine, CA 92618
EEA Supplemental Data Protection Law Disclosures
Data Controller: The data controller is Masimo with the contact information specified above when you enter your personal information in the Service or visit the Sites.
Data Processor: When you provide personal information in connection yourrole or capacity as an authorized user of a company, organization or Covered Entity which does business with the Service, the data controller is generally going to be the respective company, organization or Covered Entity. In this scenario, Masimo would be the processor.
Recipients in Third Countries: The personal data that we collect or receive about you may be transferred to and processed by recipients which are located inside or outside the EEA and which are not recognized from an EU law perspective as providing for an adequate level of data protection. The countries that are recognized to provide for an adequate level of data protection from an EU law perspective (Art. 45 GDPR) are Andorra, Argentina, Canada, Switzerland, Faeroe Islands, Guernsey, the State of Israel, Isle of Man, Jersey, New Zealand, the Eastern Republic of Uruguay, and Japan. To the extent your personal data are transferred to countries that do not provide for an adequate level of data protection from an EU law perspective, we will base the respective transfer on Masimo Corporation’s, Masimo Americas, Inc’s, and Masimo Semiconductor, Inc’s certifications under the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework (Art. 45 GDPR) or on appropriate safeguards (Art. 46 GDPR), such as standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission. Our Privacy Shield Notice is available here http://www.masimo.com/siteassets/us/documents/pdf/masimo-privacy-shield-notice-includes-swiss-privacy-shield.pdf. You can ask for a copy of such appropriate safeguards by contacting us as set out above. The access is limited to recipients with a need to know.
Period of Data Storage: Your personal data will be retained as long as necessary to provide you with the services requested. When Masimo no longer needs to use your personal data to comply with contractual or statutory obligations, we will remove it from our systems and records and/or take steps to properly anonymize it so that you can no longer be identified from it, unless we need to keep your information, including personal data, for tax, audit, and legal compliance for a legally prescribed time period thereafter, or if we need it to preserve evidence within statutes of limitation.
Data Subject Rights: You have a right to request from Masimo access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, restriction of processing, withdrawal of consent, data portability, and to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. If you have declared your consent for any personal data processing activities, you can withdraw this consent at any time with future effect. Such a withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing prior to the consent withdrawal. You can exercise your rights by contacting us as set out above.